Wednesday, July 26, 2006

It was the best of times; it was the best of times

Jeannie Amendola, who is visually impaired, has been appointed to the board of The Able Trust. Here is a question and answer from her on disabled travel from a recent interview with an Orlando Sentinel writer.

Q: What's the best and worst thing about being a disabled traveler?

A: I have never allowed my disability to hinder me, travelwise. I've been on a Mediterranean cruise. I've been to Europe many times. One of my fondest experiences is when I went to Hawaii and the resort we were staying at had swimming with dolphins. I had the opportunity to do that, and for someone who has a visual disability it was a fabulous experience to get into the water and actually touch the dolphin and to feed the dolphin.

The rest of the article is here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home