Monday, September 25, 2006

Katja in Germany

Katja at brokenclay.org has been to Germany and back. She tells of her trip -- and its accessibility highlights and lowlights -- at her site.

One of her frustrations was with train personnel. She writes: "Shortly before our arrival in Stuttgart, I grabbed a crewmember and said I would need assistance exiting the train. His brow furrowed, he inquired as to whether I had arranged it in advance, and I assured him I had."

Like once the woman is on the train, what difference does it make about the notice? She does have to get off somehow. The whole idea of notice is pointless too often anyway. Even where notice is not required, presumably because everyone is ready for any eventuality, you can get the above reaction. It just doesn't seem like it should have to be so hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home