Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Chicago, Chicago that accessible town

I have a big soft spot for Chicago. I grew up in the near west suburbs. I have lived outside its sphere of influence at times, but it still exudes a pull on me and my family. Luckily we now live within close striking distance, even though we reside across the Wisconsin state line. So I was particularly excited to find Accessible Chicago. The site was founded in 2005 by Catherine Marsden, a self described "special needs mom" living in the northwestern suburbs of Chicago. The site includes first hand reviews of accessibility at various Chicago area restaurants, hotels and attractions. There's also a blog, Kudos and Tomatoes, where readers can share their experiences, good and bad.
I'd say Marsden earns a kudos for creating Accessible Chicago.
(Photo of Chicago skyline by Mitchum Owen and photo of Navy Pier by Kenn Kiser, both via morgueFile.com)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home