Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Passenger with disability sues airline over refusal to board

Andy Gates is suing US Airways over being refused boarding for a flight to Milwaukee last June. Gates, 26, has the muscular disorder dystonia, which causes the muscles to contract and spasm involuntarily. Gates says the treatment was discrimination based on what a crew member thought he was not able to do. “All I wanted to do was to safely get to my destination. I’ve flown many times alone before this incident,” said Gates. “It’s unfair that someone simply looked at me and made a snap judgment about what I can or cannot do.”
US Airways spokesperson Michelle Mohr told GA Guide: "We are aware of the lawsuit and have a copy of it, but can't offer a statement beyond that ... company policy prohibits comment on pending litigation." (Image of US Airways Airbus 319 courtesy of US Airways)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home